Overview: What are we talking about?
The article covers how to create a newsletter.
How to Create a Newsletter
- From the Email Marketing tab, click on Create Newsletter from the left sidebar.
- You will then be prompted to select a newsletter theme or style. For most of your newsletters, we recommend using Normal (blank newsletter). Select your choice and click Next.
- You will then be asked to enter a Title. This title becomes the filename for the newsletter, allowing you to later recall the newsletter and edit it. The file name will only be viewed within the newsletter editor.
- Now that a title is entered, you can now begin to create the body of your newsletter. Click within the text box and begin typing the body of your newsletter. You may want to "dress" the newsletter content up by utilizing the HTML Editor toolbar. You can also add images to the newsletter; click here for details on Adding an Image to a Newsletter.
Once you have the content added to a newsletter, you will then be able to choose a color scheme:
Contents Background Color: The default background color is white. You have the option of changing the newsletter background color by double-clicking on a color in the Contents Background Color palette. Once a color is chosen you will see a six digit series of numbers and letters, which is the HTML translation of the color that you selected. You will not see the color change until it is previewed.
NOTE: Keep in mind that if you choose a dark background color, your text may not show up as clearly. If the text does not show up well, you will need to change the color of the text.
- Email Background Color: The background surrounding the newsletter can also be changed by clicking on a color in the color palette. The default background surrounding the newsletter is white.
Contents Stationary: Instead of choosing a content background color (newsletter background color), you can choose an image that "wallpapers' the newsletter background. The background stationaries (wallpapers) can be previewed by clicking on the corresponding links.
To select a newsletter stationary, click the drop down menu and select the name of the stationary that you desire.
The stationary will override any color that you selected in the "Contents Background Section."
NOTE: Many email clients, including Microsoft Outlook, will strip the background image from a newsletter, so this option may not work for all users.
- When finished:
- If it is a new newsletter, click Create Newsletter to save your work.
- If you re editing an existing newsletter, click Update and Preview to save.