Overview: What are we talking about?
You can setup your Cybergolf email with an email client to allow for more options than the webmail.cybergolf.com platform. This articles reviews setup instructions for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
This article includes:
Microsoft Outlook 2016
- On you computer open the Control Panel. At the top right, enter Mail in the search bar.
- Click Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Email Accounts.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Click New.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Select Manual setup or additional server types. Then click Next>.
- Select POP or IMAP. Then click Next>.
- Fill in the available fields.
Field Name Enter
Your full name
Your full email address (including the @example.com portion)
Select POP3 from the dropdown menu
Incoming mail server
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Your email address (including the @example.com portion)
Your password (passwords are case sensitive and shouldn't contain any spaces)
Check the box
Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked
Check the box
- When finished, click More Settings.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Ensure that the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
- Ensure that the button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP): port number to 25.
- Move the slider on Server Timeouts to 1 minute.
- Check the box for Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- Check the box Remove from server after and adjust the days to be 14 days.
- Then click OK.
- Click Next>. A pop-up window showing successful send status will appear, click Close. If you did not receive a successful send status, review the previous instructions again to make sure your account setup was configured correctly.
- Click Next>. Then click Finish. At this point the process to setup your email is complete.