Overview: What are we talking about?
You can setup your Cybergolf email with an email client to allow for more options than the webmail.cybergolf.com platform. This articles reviews setup instructions for Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open up Outlook 2010 on your computer.
- On the top menu bar, click File > Info > Add Account.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then click Next>.
- Select Internet Email. Then click Next>.
- Fill in the available fields.
Field Name Enter
Your full name
Your full email address (including the @example.com portion)
Select POP3 from the dropdown menu
Incoming mail server
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Your email address (including the @example.com portion)
Your password (passwords are case sensitive and shouldn't contain any spaces)
Check the box
Test account settings by clicking the Next button
Check the box
- When finished, click More Settings.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Ensure that the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
- Ensure that the button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP): port number to 587.
- Move the slider on Server Timeouts to 10 minutes or longer.
- Check the box for Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- Check the box Remove from server after and adjust the days to be between 5-14 days depending on the rate of emails received.
- Then click OK.
- Click Next>. Then click Finish. At this point the process to setup your email is complete. Send a test email to a friend or to another of your own email addresses to ensure that your email is working.