Overview: What are we talking about?
This article and video cover how to convert a PDF file into a JPG file.
This articles includes:
Convert a PDF file to a JPG file
There are two main ways to convert a PDF file to a JPG file: through a free online converter tool or manually using Microsoft Paint.
Free Online Tool
To convert using a free online converter tool:
- Open your web browser and go to www.google.com
- In the search bar, enter "free pdf to jpg converter"
- The results will display many online listings that offer free conversions.
Using Microsoft Paint
Note: This process works for Windows PCs by using the Microsoft Paint application.
To convert using Microsoft Paint:
- Open the PDF flyer you would like to convert.
- Holding the control key on your keyboard and using the scroll wheel on your mouse, adjust the view of the PDF flyer so that the entire page is viewable.
- Holding the control key on your keyboard, press the print screen key. This takes a screenshot of what is displayed on your screen.
- Now open Microsoft Paint. There are multiple ways to open the Microsoft Paint application.
- From your Windows desktop, click the Start Menu. Scroll through all apps and click Windows Accessories, then click Paint.
- You can also find the Paint application using the search bar. Hold the Windows key and then press the S key. Type Paint in the search bar and it should be the first application listed.
- Once you have open Paint, click Paste to paste the screenshot you took.
- To crop the screen shot, click Select.
- Click and drag your cursor to select just your flyer. Then click Cut.
- Click File. Then click New to open a new Paint window.
- In the new window, click Paste to paste your cut selection.
- Hold the control key and press the "A" key to select all. Then use your mouse to click and drag the image so that it is aligned with the top left corner of the white box.
- On the bottom right corner of the white box, you will see a little square. Click and drag the square so that it aligns with the bottom right corner of the image.
- Click Resize.
- In the Resize section, select the Pixels button. Then enter 630 in the Horizontal field (this is the typical width of a newsletter). Check the box Maintain Aspect Ratio.
- Click OK.
- Click File, then click Save As.
- In the File Name field, enter a name for the file.
- From the Save As Type dropdown menu, select JPEG. Then click Save.
Article is closed for comments.