Overview: What are we talking about?
This article article and video cover how to update the title, description, and keywords (meta tags) on your website. This information is important for digital marketing campaigns and ADA users.
This articles includes:
Update Meta Tags
- From your home admin page, click Meta Tags from the left sidebar.
- Edit the Meta tag fields:
- Title: This is what displays as the headline in search engine results pages. It will also show up in the blue bar at the top of the browser. Your title tag should have your Course business name and Geographical location, since most golfers usually search by location.
- Description: This is the main paragraph that viewers will see when they pull up your search results in Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Your description should be short and to the point (20-25 words). You should include your phone number in description so golfers can give you a call.
- Keywords: These allow a search engine to pick up the keywords that are relevant to your golf operation. Try to use 3 to 4 word key phrases instead of just individual words. Search engines like phrases and they will pickup keyword within the phrases.
- When finished, click Update. Your meta tags will be in the system and ready for searching.
- You also have the option to enter meta tags for specific pages. If you are doing a specific digital marketing strategy, you might want to do this. Otherwise, usually just doing the fields in step 2 will be enough to get your website to come up on search engines.
- Click Set up meta tags for each individual page.
- Then click Set meta tags next to the page you wish to update. The same fields from step 2 will be displayed for that page.
- Check the box Use this meta tags for ___ page.
- Fill in the fields.
- Click Submit.
- Then click Back to List.