Overview: What are we talking about?
This article reviews how to change settings for a shop.
If you are creating a shop for the first time, then your first task is to adjust the settings of the shop by clicking Change Settings.
The Change Settings section allows users to:
- Change the name of the store
- Assign who will receive sale notifications
- Add shipping costs
- Set up payment methods
- Automated email replies
Before creating any new events, always check the settings area first so that you can confirm all the golf course information is correct. The Change Settings page has ten sections that need to be reviewed before creating a new event.
- Store Name: The default store name will have “New Shop” already added. Rename the store to the store name you want to show up on the customer interface under the golf course name.
To rename the shop, then simply just delete the name already in the field and type a new name in its place.
- Email: After a sale is made online, an email notification will be sent to the email address in this field. There will probably already be a email address in the email field, because this section takes the newsletter email address as the default.
If you would like to have the email sales notifications go to another address, simply delete the address and add the desired email address. If you would like more than one person to receive the sales notifications, simply add a comma (,) after the first email address and type another email address without any blank spaces between the characters.
- Logo Image: Golf courses can choose to have their course logo displayed on the store interface to add a more professional look by uploading an image to the Logo Image section.
Click Upload to search your computer for a logo image. If you do not add a logo image then only your course name will show up. One thing to keep in mind is that all images uploaded must be in either .jpg or .gif format.
- Shipping: You may want to give your online customers a chance to have their event tickets or maybe some type of physical object mailed to your customers.
If you would like to grant this option, select Yes and then check the boxes for the different delivery options you provide. To charge postage, enter a number in the postage rate fields. These fields can only take numerical values, so do not enter ($) signs or any other non-numerical characters.
- Tax: If you would like to add tax to the price after a customer purchases or signs up for an event, then select Yes. Then select if the tax should always be applied. Then choose a store location (the home state of the golf course). Enter that location's sales tax rate. Make sure your sales tax is entered as a percentage. Please remember to only use numerical values with the exception of decimal points (no % percent sign).
- Customized Fields: There are a series of options that you can choose to help customize your order form interface.
- Show Handicap Index Field:
- Show Member Number Field: If you are a private course and would like the registrant to supply their member number, just check the box corresponding to the field.
- Show Club Name Field: If you would like to know where your registrants usually play, you may want to check this option.
- Show Salesperson Field: If you would like to have a salesperson’s name added to the customer request form, simply check the option box.
- Show GHIN Number Field: For tournaments you may want registrants to provide their handicap. If you would like this information just check the box and a GHIN field will be added to the order form interface.
- Show Birthday Field:
- Show Country:
Pay Method (Depreciated): Allows you to choose whether you want your customers to pay with a credit card and/or with a member account number. You will then need to check which credit cards you accept. You can also select additional options for charges. This option will be over ridden when you enroll for online payment processing. Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding online payment processing.
- Thank You Message: After a customer submits an order, a screen will be displayed letting them know that the order has just been submitted to the Pro Shop. The “Thank You Message” box allows you to add a more customized message. (ex. Our pro shop is currently processing your order. Please allow 24 hours for your order.)
After a customer makes an order they will see a thank you message on their screen.
Auto Response Message to Customer Email: Directly after an order is submitted, an email will be sent to the customer. You will want to fill out a message that will let people know that you are processing the order. (ex. We have received your order. Thank you for your purchase...)
After an order is made by a customer, then they will receive an email confirmation. If the customer does not receive the confirmation have them check their SPAM and Junk email folders. Adding firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe/known sender will ensure that mailings are received.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save your settings. Then click Back to List to return to the shop page.