Overview: What are we talking about?
This article and video cover how to create a cleaner URL for a webpage.
You may want to customize a URL to make it more marketing friendly and easier for your visitors to follow.
This article includes:
Create a Clean URL
- From your home Admin page, click Clean URLs from the left sidebar.
- To the right of the Redirect from this URL field, enter the URL as you want it to appear.
- From the To this Page dropdown menu, select the webpage you want the custom link to direct to.
- From the Track this Redirect dropdown menu, you can select Yes to make the link trackable. This allows you to see how many times that custom URL has been visited.
Note: This option only works if you selected a page from the menu, not if you entered anything in the custom URL field to the right.
- Ensure that Yes is selected from the Redirect Overrides dropdown menu. This option is selected by default.
- Click Add.
Note: This setup does not occur right away. It may take up to 10 minutes for your new custom URL to activate.
- You can see the status of your clean URLs from the grid at the top.