Overview: What are we talking about?
This articles reviews how to create and use surveys in Cybergolf.
This article includes:
How to Create a Survey
You have the ability to create and send electronic surveys to your database with this easy to use feature.
To create a new survey:
- From the left sidebar in Email Marketing, click Survey Creator.
- Click Create a New Survey.
- In the Title field, give your survey a name for archive purposes.
- In the Introduction Text field, enter text to be seen at the top of the survey. (ex. Welcome message, Golf offer for filling it out, etc.)
- If you want results sent to an email in addition to the regular collection area, enter that email address.
- Click Continue.
- From the Question Type column click the type of question you wish to add. An Open-Ended question, a Multiple Choice question, a Text Box question, or a block of descriptive text.
- Fill in the appropriate fields for your question. Then click Add.
- Click Return to Questions to add more questions to your survey.
- When finished adding questions, you can change the order in which questions are displayed on your survey.
Under Your Questions, in the Rank column, enter numbers corresponding to the order in which you want the questions to appear on the survey. Then click Update.
- When finished, click Return to Main.
Contact information asked for on the survey will be put into the contact area for that particular email helping you to get names and addresses for contacts you only have an email for.
- To view survey results, click View Results.
- To edit/ delete parts of the survey or the whole survey, click Return to Main while you are working on the survey.
- To send the survey, from the email blast page, check the box for Use Survey and choose the survey you want sent from dropdown menu. The survey will show up as a link in your email blast letter.
Using Surveys to Develop Marketing Niches
You can email blast out directly to a person based on the multiple choice answer they picked. Keep this in mind when you create your questions.
For example, you could ask the question: "What brand of golf ball do you play most?
Based on the answer they choose, you will be able to send out a blast with a coupon you create, directly to golfers who answered it a certain way and not to the golfers who picked a different answer. This can let you target a special to them for the golf ball they play most and the others who picked a different answer won't see that particular blast!