Overview: What are we talking about?
If you are using Microsoft Outlook with your Cybergolf email and you are not able to send emails, or are receiving the Error Code 550, this generally means that SMTP server authentication isn't enabled within your Outlook application. This articles reviews the instructions to fix this for Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Error 550 in Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open up Outlook 2010 on your computer.
- On the top menu bar, click File > Info > Account Settings > Add Account.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select the user account with the issue and click Change.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Click More Settings.
- Another pop-up window will appear. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Ensure that the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
- Ensure that the button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Check the Outgoing server (SMTP): port number is set to 587.
- Click OK and then click Next> to exit all pop-up windows. Retry sending a test email.
- At this point the Error 550 should be resolved. However if that is not the case for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 377-4369 for further assistance.